Hey guys,
Volleyball season is over. I'm pretty sad because my team was just awesome. We had as many fun moments as emotional moments and we grew together... We made it so far, to Sectional Finals! The girls worked hard and fought til the last second and I'm so proud of them.
So here's a little throw back:
We started in the middle of August, before school started and had about four hours practice daily. It was sooo hard, I don't know how I made that... I used to play volleyball a little back in Germany but it wasn't like that. You can't compare one practice a week with five practices a week and games...
The time we practised was shorter after the summer break but even more exhausting because of school, it was hard to do all of my homework when I came back after a game at eight or nine but it was doable and still, I was so glad I was part of the team!
After some weeks everybody, or rather I, got used to it and it was more like spending time with friends. And suddenly we had our Senior night, which was supposed to be our last homegame. The other girls from the team and the coach wrote letters and the JV team made poster... It was just so lovely! And then we had our last game of the season, it was a Dig Pink game and it's a fund-raiser for brest cancer (everythings pink lol).
All games after that were sectionals. (Kreismeisterschaften) We won the first three games that brought us to the finals. And it was the second time in Avon School history that a volleyball team made it so far! Also I got to know Gang Green. Those are the crazy people that come to cheer for the basketball teams (or volleyball sectionals). Wearing wigs and body colors...
Last Monday we had our volleyball banquet. It was a dinner we had. The coaches delivered speeches and I also got a award for being 'most improved'. I want to thank my coach so much for that, because without her I wouldn't have had improved my skills like that! Thank you so much!!
I wanted to start basketball, but I coulnd't because of our spring musicial in which I participate... So I will have A LOT of free time the next couple of weeks!
See you later (7 months to be exact lol)
Charlene



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen