That's probably the saddest moment of the week, because IT'S ENDED.
The past week was homecoming week or also spirit week. It actually started on sunday when we met in school to decorate the hallway. Before we've chosen a theme for every grade. It had to be a state. The senior's theme was Hawaii so our hallway looked like that. It was sooo cool, we had palms, a bar, a vulcano and a waterfall (made out of paper, ok, but still impressive!). We had a lot of fun!
During the spirit week we had different themes how to dress. Monday was Hawaii of course. Tuesday was Rock'n'Roll vs Country. Of course I've chosen Rock'n'Roll, what else? On Wednesday I was a football playER, because we had to dress like something that ended with er. That day we also had our Powder Puff Game. It was hilarious. The girls play football against each other and the boys are cheering. The best was that we wore their jerseys and they wore the cheerleader's clothing.
Thursday we had green-white day because those are the colors of our school.
After school we had the Pep-Assembly which was amaaazing. For my german friends: It's kinda like the "11er Programm" but much better. First they announced the Homecoming Court. My host brother got in it for the Juniors and me and another exchange stundent became homecoming queen and king for the seniors. Guys - I was happy about it, but still, I can't imagine that.
After that they played some games. The first one was about taping your teacher on the wall. Haha, it was hilarious.
On friday we had a day off what I really enjoyed. That night we had our homecoming football game. We won haha. Honestly our football team is pretty good this year so they didn't lose a game yet. The games are always so much fun. I don't know any rules or the techniques or whatever but just sitting there and being with your friends is soo cool. Okay, literally cool. I always sit there in leggings and sweat pants and then I wear a t-shirt, a pullover, a winter jacket and an Avon Braves Jacket. And it would still be very cold without a blanket, gloves and a hot chocolate.
Satturday was the homecoming dance. We met at a friends house to take photos and then we went to the school where the dance has been.
All the girls wore the highest heels I've ever seen but don't think they would dance in those. I realized that they wear them to the school and then they take them off and they go barefeet dancing. Guys believe it or not, I danced. (And I had fun doing it) Also I found out that there's a dance move called Charly Brown. looool
After the dance I slept over at an other friends house. We had a lot of fun there too lol. I realized that I love this place and I don't wanna think about leaving (I know, it's still far away but it might be closer than you think).
At the end of the week (today to be exact) the chorus went to a Broadway Show in Rochester called Newsies. It was quit impressive and although I didn't understand all of it I enjoyed it.
Life is going well,
Charlie
























Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen